Merseyway Shopping Centre is hosting a photography competition for budding photographers to celebrate the rich heritage and vibrant community of Stockport.
Open to photographers of all ages, entrants are invited to photograph the places and people they love most in Stockport to highlight the development of the town whilst celebrating its heritage assets. The competition is part of Merseyway’s wider ‘Celebrating Stockport’ campaign which launched last month with the installation of a community art piece at the centre which was created by local primary school pupils.
Merseyway’s photography competition will see twelve entries shortlisted across three categories: amateur aged under 16, amateur aged over 16 and professional, and all shortlisted photos will be showcased in a pop-up art exhibition at the centre in November.
Shoppers and the general public will be asked to vote for their favourite photographs via the centre’s Facebook page and an on-site ballot box. The winner of each category will win £200 of shopping vouchers to spend at the centre. Also, with a print of each of the final twelve photographs up for grabs, every person who votes will automatically be entered into a draw to win a print of their favourite photograph.
Entries should be emailed as high res jpegs to Hannah@echo-pr.co.uk and will be accepted until Thursday 2nd November.
Follow @merseyway or visit www.merseyway.com for more information and updates.
Terms and Conditions for Celebrating Stockport Photography Competition
- (“Terms”). By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
- The competition is open to all UK residents. All entrants must have a valid UK postal address and passport, except persons connected in any way to this promotion.
- For valid entry, participants must take a photo and send their entry as a high-res jpeg file to the provided email address on the Merseyway shopping centre website.
- Merseyway’s photography competition will see twelve entries shortlisted across three categories: amateur aged under 16, amateur aged over 16 and professional, and all shortlisted photos will be showcased in a pop-up art exhibition at the centre in November.
- Shoppers and the general public will be asked to vote for their favourite photographs via the centre’s Facebook page and an on-site ballot box. One winner will be chosen from each category.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person.
- Winners will be contacted by email and will be given 48 hours to accept their prizes.
- Each winner will win shopping vouchers from stores within Merseyway Shopping Centre for the total of £200.
- Should any prizes stated be unavailable at the time of winning, Merseyway shopping centre have the right to substitute with an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Specifications are subject to change.
- The opening date for entries is Tuesday 17th October 2017 from 5pm and the closing date for entries is Thursday 2nd November 2017 at 5pm.
- No expenses incurred in connection with the prize draw will be paid other than as set in these terms and conditions.
- There are no cash alternatives: the prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable, subject to availability and cannot be exchanged. Products/prizes obtained through the promotion are not subject to refund or exchange.
- Failure to accept the prize within 48 hours from the time of contact will automatically render a prize entry void and will be offered to an alternative entrant.
- The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you are required to take part in such promotional activity, you agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), leaflets and flyers and on our website. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
- The selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes must be used by the date provided. Merseyway shopping centre will not provide any alternative prizes if the winners fail to use/accept the prize before its expiration date.
- Merseyway shopping centre cannot accept any liability for any entries that are late, lost or incomplete.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will automatically render a prize entry void. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
- We will keep your personal information secure and will process it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) in exceptional circumstances, vary, amend or cancel this promotion at any time on reasonable notice, including varying the closing date for the promotion; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the promotion if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) amend these Terms, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this promotion or the prizes.
- This promotion is run by Merseyway Shopping Centre (“we:, “us” or “our”).
- These Terms and this promotion are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.