Merseyway – a shopping centre pioneer
Merseyway is built on giant stilts over the river Mersey – hence our name!
Merseyway was one of the first shopping centres to open in 1965 and was refurbished in 1995. Currently we’re investing in a programme of activity designed to attract new retailers and shoppers and we’ll be announcing the new tenants over the course of the next few months.
We’re proud of our heritage and our role in continuing to attract visitors to Stockport. We strive to live up to our brand promise “famous brands, fabulously close”.
Our aim is to create a shopping experience that delivers on the following levels:-
- Famous brands: to bring you the household names that you want from a local shopping experience.
- Pride of Stockport: a local shopping experience local people are proud to admit they use.
- Everyday Essentials: to bring you what you need, when you want it.
- Hassle Free: okay, our parking isn’t ideal and we’re working on that. But we aim to keep your visit stress free no matter how you get here, or whichever shop you’re in.
- Children Welcome: we know that kids go hand in hand with shopping (even if they sometimes drive mum and dad mad!), so we aim to make sure there’s enough to keep them occupied.
- Clean & Safe Shopping: we’re working hard to keep Merseyway clean and safe, so you and your family can enjoy your day out.